To consolidate technological superiority - one of its strategic pillars- the OTE Group systematically promotes research and innovation (R&I) which generates multiple benefits for society, customers and the OTE Group as a whole, while also positively impacting on its business sustainability (future products and services, technologies and telecom networks, cost and energy efficiency, new business opportunities, competitiveness, etc.).
By actively participating in R&I activities, we:
At a glance:
- Contribute significantly to the OTE Group remaining at the forefront of the technological evolution while strengthening its innovative profile and its brand name
- Proactively identify/evaluate new business opportunities (vertical markets support, adaptation of business processes, collaboration with new/existing market players, exploitation of project results, etc.) and create potential for offering innovative products and adopting emerging technology approaches
- Acquire significant expertise and know-how on state-of-the-art (SoTA) and beyond-SoTA technologies and network architectures from the very early stages of development (5G Networks, IoT, Cloud, SDN/NFV, smart energy grids, e-health, Intelligent Transport Systems, NextGen Emergency Services, Federated Testbeds, Security/Privacy, Terrestrial / Satellite Backhauling, etc.)
- Contribute to strategic sustainable development goals to benefit the environment and society.
Have you heard that since 2009, the OTE Group:
- We are participating in 27 innovative technology EU funded research projects (2017)
- We are participating in 11 (out of 40, Phase I and Phase II) 5G-PPP projects which empowers the OTE Group to play a significant role in the 5G-PPP initiative helping reinforce European industry to successfully compete on global markets and open up new innovation opportunities
- We have established a wide network of partnerships with industry, academia and research communities featuring more than 700 partners
- We co-operate with all the major national Universities and Research Institutes in the context of thesis dissertations, hands-on practice, etc., thus providing students and graduates with the opportunity to cooperate with the leading telecom operator in the Balkans
- We contribute to funding of internal projects/activities, such as development of tools/apps/products/services and testbeds tailored to the company’s internal needs and/or the research projects' needs
- We assess new technologies and the telecommunication infrastructures of the future
- We have developed a joint technology lab with the Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB) and signed a MoU aiming at know-how exchange and collaboration on technical and business issues of common interest
- We run entrepreneurship promotion programs to achieve a better world through technology and innovation (see COSMOTE StartUp, COSMOTE HACKATHON).
Take a look at the latest R&D projects:
- Has participated in more than 300 (EU and national) research project proposals
- Has actively participated in more than 50 R&D funded projects
- Has contributed to more than 140 technical publications/papers in prestigious international journals/periodicals and conferences
- Has (co)organized more than 15 international conferences/workshops
- Has received 6 distinctions in national and international competitions.